This topic describes how to upgrade the kernel version of an ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL instance. The upgrade of the kernel version improves system performance, introduces new functions, and fixes errors.
For more information about the features supported by different kernel versions, see Release notes.
- While you upgrade the kernel version of your RDS instance, a 30-second brief disconnection may occur. We recommend that you upgrade the kernel version during off-peak hours or make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to your RDS instance.
- The kernel version of your RDS instance cannot be downgraded after it is upgraded.
- After you upgrade the specifications of your RDS instance, the kernel version of your RDS instance is upgraded accordingly.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- On the Basic Information page, click Upgrade Minor Version.
- In the dialog box that appears, select an upgrade time and click OK.