This topic describes how to create a vhost in the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console. A vhost is used to logically isolate resources. vhosts manage their own exchanges, queues, and bindings.
- Log on to the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance is located.
- On the Instances page, click the name of your instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click vhosts.
- On the vhosts page, click Create vhost.
- In the Create vhost panel, enter a vhost name in the vhost Name field and click OK. NoteThe vhost name must comply with the following naming conventions:
- The name can contain only letters, digits, hyphens (-), underscores (_), periods (.), and at signs (@).
- The name must be 1 to 255 characters in length. Excess characters are automatically discarded.
- After a vhost is created, you cannot modify its name.