This topic describes how to create a vhost in the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console. A vhost is used to logically isolate resources. vhosts manage their own exchanges, queues, and bindings.
- Log on to the Message Queue for RabbitMQ console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your instance resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click vhosts.
- On the vhosts page, select an instance and click Create vhost.
- In the Create vhost dialog box, enter a vhost name in the vhost Name field and click Create.Note
- The name can contain only letters, digits, hyphens (-), underscores (_), periods (.), and at signs (@).
- It must be 1 to 255 characters in length. Excess characters are automatically discarded.
- After a vhost is created, you cannot modify its name.