This topic introduces the short-lived connection optimization function provided by ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL in its dedicated proxy feature.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target RDS instance
- Find the target RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Proxy.
- In the Proxy Endpoint section of the Proxy Service tab, click Enable to the right of Short-Lived Connection Optimization.
- When you no longer need short-lived connection optimization, you can click Disable to the right of Short-Lived Connection Optimization to disable it.
- After you enable or disable short-lived connection optimization, the setting takes effect immediately.