This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
Estimate the size and number of files to be migrated. Log on to the Amazon CloudWatch console, and select an Amazon S3 bucket to view the size and number of files to be migrated.Note To ensure a successful migration, you must enter an appropriate size and number of files when creating a migration job.
- Create an AWS S3 inventory.
- Click the bucket for which you want to create an AWS S3 inventory.
- Choose Add New. , and click
- Follow the instructions on the page to create an AWS S3 inventory.
Note For Optional fields, you must select Size, and you can select other options based on your needs.
- Create an access key for migration.
On the IAM page in the AWS console, create a user, grant the user the
AmazonS3ReadOnlyAccesspermission, and then create an access key.
Access keys are required for accessing the AWS S3 bucket and the AWS S3 inventory. You can use one account to create one access key for accessing both the AWS S3 bucket and the AWS S3 inventory. You can also use two different accounts to create two access keys separately.
AWS S3 whitelists are not supported by Data Transport. If a whitelist is configured, delete it or submit a ticket.
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.