The data analytics mode of DataWorks is upgraded so that you can group multiple workflows in a solution of a workspace.
DataWorks upgrades the data analytics mode to organize various types of nodes based on the business category, enabling you to better analyze multiple workflows by business. With the data analytics mode that involves the solution, and workflow, DataWorks defines a new development process and improves user experience.,
- A workspace is the basic organizational unit that manages the development and O&M permissions of users. The code of all nodes in a workspace can be collaboratively developed and managed by workspace members.
- A solution contains one or more workflows. It has the following advantages:
- A solution can contain multiple workflows.
- A workflow can be added to multiple solutions.
- All solutions in a workspace can be collaboratively developed and managed by workspace members.
- A workflow is an abstract entity of business that enables you to develop data code
from a business perspective. A workflow can be added to multiple solutions. It has
the following advantages:
- Workflows facilitate business-oriented code development. Nodes in a workflow are organized by type. The hierarchical directory structure is supported. We recommend that you create a maximum of four levels of subfolders. To create a subfolder, right-click the target node type and select Create Folder.
- You can view and optimize each workflow from a business perspective.
- You can view each workflow on a dashboard to efficiently develop code.
- You can deploy and manage each workflow as a whole.
Develop a solution
If you double-click a solution in the left-side navigation pane, the left-side navigation pane only displays workflows in the solution. This prevents the development process from being affected by the code that is not related to the current solution in the workspace.
- Log on to the DataWorks console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces. On the Workspaces page, find the target workspace and click Data Analytics in the Actions column.
- On the Data Analytics tab, move the pointer over the icon and click Solution.
- In the Create Solution dialog box that appears, set Solution Name and Description, select one or more workflows from the Workflows drop-down list, and click Create.
- In the solution list, right-click the created solution and select Solution Kanban. On the solution dashboard that appears, you can view the selected workflows or modify the solution.
- Move the pointer over the solution name. The and icons appear.
- Click the icon. The Deploy page appears. You can view the nodes to be deployed in the current solution.
- Click the icon to go to the Cycle Instance page under Cycle Task Maintenance in . You can view recurring instances of all nodes in the current solution.
In the left-side navigation pane, double-click the created solution. All the created workflows in the solution appear. You can click a workflow name to show the created nodes in it and perform operations on the nodes and the workflow. For more information, see Overview.
A workflow can be added to multiple solutions. After you develop a solution and add a workflow to the solution, other users can edit the workflow you referenced in their solutions for collaborative development.
Node status model
The node status model defines six states of a node throughout the lifecycle. The following figure shows the logic of status conversion.