When you no longer need to connect to a shard or Configserver node, you can release its connection string.
- The connection string of a Mongos node cannot be released.
- After the connection string of a shard or Configserver node is released, the connection strings of the primary and secondary nodes are released and you cannot use this connection string to connect to the released node. Proceed with caution.
- This operation releases the internal connection string of the node. If the node also has a public connection string and the connection string is no longer needed, you can Release a public connection string.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Sharded Cluster Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Database Connection.
- Find the node and click Release in the Actions column.Note Shard indicates a shard node. CS indicates a Configserver node.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.
- Wait until the instance status changes from Releasing Network Connection to Running.