You can configure object tagging to classify objects. Object tagging uses a key-value pair to identify objects. You can perform operations on multiple objects that have the same tag. For example, you can configure lifecycle rules for objects that have the same tag.
- A maximum of 10 tags can be set for each object. Tags associated with an object must have unique tag keys.
- A tag key can be a maximum of 128 Bytes in length. Each tag value can be a maximum of 256 Bytes in length.
- Keys and values are case-sensitive.
- The key and value of a tag can contain letters, digits, spaces, and special characters
+ ‑ = . _ : /
- Only the bucket owner and authorized users have the read and write permissions on object tags. These permissions are independent of the object ACL.
- During cross-region replication (CRR), object tags are also replicated to the destination bucket.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click the target bucket.
- New console: Click Buckets, and then click the name of the target bucket.
- Old console: In the left-side navigation pane, click the name of the target bucket.
- Click the Files tab.
- Choose More > Tagging in the Actions column corresponding to the target object.
- In the Tagging dialog box that appears, configure tags.
- Click OK.