This topic describes the features of Alibaba Cloud Genomics Compute Service (AGS) and how to download and configure AGS. By default, AGS calls Alibaba Cloud services by using Alibaba Cloud access keys. AGS works with Log Service to collect pod logs. To use this function, you must select to enable Log Service when you create a cluster.
- Fully compatible to argo commands
- Works with Log Service, allowing you to view logs after a pod is deleted
- Compatible to kubectl commands, allowing you to manage clusters by using kubectl
- Provides install and uninstall commands, allowing you to install or uninstall resources as needed
- You can run the ags install command to install resources.
- You can run the ags uninstall command to uninstall resources.
- Provides the get workflow command, allowing you to view the resource usage
- Provides YAML templates that allow special characters such as underscores (_)
- Provides security contexts
- Synchronizes pod status (such as pending and failed) with workflows
- Uses YAML templates to customize retries
- Retries an entire workflow when the workflow fails at any point
- Supports ECI Serverless Kubernetes architecture
Download and installation
To install AGS and configure relevant permissions, run the following command:
wget http://ags-hub.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/ags-linux && chmod +x ags-linux && mv ags-linux /usr/local/bin/ags
- You can run the ags config init command to enter required information in the CLI. After the system is initialized, the configuration files are saved to the ~/.ags/config file. You can run theags config show command to display the configured information. In the configured information, the AccessKeySecret is encrypted.
- To collect logs by using Log Service, you must first configure
ags config. We recommend that you create an access key for the CLI and grant relevant permissions for Log Service.
If you are using a managed Kubernetes cluster, you can connect to the Kubernetes cluster by using kubectl and run the following command to use AGS through Cloud Shell:
wgethttp://ags-hub.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/ags-linux&& chmod +x ags-linux && mv ags-linux /usr/local/bin/ags
Available commands in AGS CLI
The available commands in AGS CLI are as follows:
[root@iZwz92q9h36kv8posr0i6uZ ~]# ags ags is the command line interface to Alibaba Cloud Genomics Compute Service Usage: ags [flags] ags [command] Available Commands: completion output shell completion code for the specified shell (bash or zsh) config setup ags client necessary info delete delete a workflow and its associated pods get display details about a workflow help Help about any command install install ags kubectl kubectl command lint validate a file or directory of workflow manifests list list workflows logs view logs of a workflow resubmit resubmit a workflow resume resume a workflow retry retry a workflow submit submit a workflow suspend suspend a workflow terminate terminate a workflow uninstall uninstall ags version Print version information wait waits for a workflow to complete watch watch a workflow until it completes Flags: --as string Username to impersonate for the operation --as-group stringArray Group to impersonate for the operation, this flag can be repeated to specify multiple groups. --certificate-authority string Path to a cert file for the certificate authority --client-certificate string Path to a client certificate file for TLS --client-key string Path to a client key file for TLS --cluster string The name of the kubeconfig cluster to use --context string The name of the kubeconfig context to use -h, --help help for ags --insecure-skip-tls-verify If true, the server's certificate will not be checked for validity. This will make your HTTPS connections insecure --kubeconfig string Path to a kube config. Only required if out-of-cluster -n, --namespace string If present, the namespace scope for this CLI request --password string Password for basic authentication to the API server --request-timeout string The length of time to wait before giving up on a single server request. Non-zero values should contain a corresponding time unit (e.g. 1s, 2m, 3h). A value of zero means don't timeout requests. (default "0") --server string The address and port of the Kubernetes API server --token string Bearer token for authentication to the API server --user string The name of the kubeconfig user to use --username string Username for basic authentication to the API server Use "ags [command] --help" for more information about a command.