You can use HBR to back up CSG instances. When any file gateway is lost or damaged, you can restore it by using a backup. This topic describes how to back up a CSG instance.
You have completed preparations.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- Select the region of the CSG instance to be backed up.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Storage Gateway Backup.
- On the Storage Gateway Backup page, click the Cloud Gateway Instance tab.
- Locate the target CSG instance and click Backup in the Actions column.
- In the Select Backup Source step in the Create Backup Plan wizard, select the shared data source of the CSG instance to be backed up. Click Next.
- In the Config Backup Plan step, set the parameters as instructed in the following table, and then click Create.
Parameter Description Source Path
- The path of the backup source. You can enter a maximum of eight source paths, which means that you can back up files from eight directories at a time.
- The source path must be an absolute path.
- You can enter a Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) path as a source path.
- Separate multiple source paths with carriage returns.
Plan Name The name of the backup plan. If you leave this field blank, a random name is specified by default. Retention The retention period of the backup. Valid units: day, week, month, and year. Start Time The start time of the backup plan. The time is accurate to the second. Plan Interval The frequency of incremental backups. Valid units: hour, day, and week. Using Flow Control You can enable throttling to set bandwidth limits for backing up data from a directory during peak hours. This ensures business continuity. If you select Use, select a throttling period and enter the maximum bandwidth that can be used for backup in the throttling period based on business requirements, and then click Add.
On the Storage Gateway Backup page, click the Backup Plan and Job tab, where you can perform the operations as described in the following table.
|To view an error report||Locate the target backup plan and view the backup progress in the Status column. If some files fail to be backed up, click View next to the backup plan in the Actions column. Then, click the Download icon in Errors column to download the error report.|
|To start a backup job||In the Actions column of the target backup plan, choose .|
|To cancel a running backup job||In the Actions column of the target backup plan, choose .|
|To pause a running backup job||In the Actions column of the target backup plan, choose .|
|To resume a paused backup job||In the Actions column of the target backup plan, choose .|
|To modify a backup plan||In the Actions column of the target backup plan, choose .|
|To delete a backup plan||In the Actions column of the target backup plan, choose .
Note After you delete a backup plan, it no longer runs. However, data that you have backed up by using the plan is retained.