You can use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up Cloud Storage Gateway (CSG) instances. When a file gateway is lost or damaged, you can restore it by using a backup. This topic describes how to back up a CSG instance.
Preparations are completed.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- Select the region where the CSG instance to be backed up resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Storage Gateway Backup page, click the Cloud Gateway Instance tab. On the Cloud Gateway Instance tab, find the target CSG instance and click Backup in the Actions column.
- In the Select Backup Source step of the Create Backup Plan pane, select the shared data source of the CSG instance to be backed up. Click Next.
- In the Config Backup Plan step, set the parameters as described in the following table and click Create.
Parameter Description Source Path
- The path of the backup source. You can enter a maximum of eight source paths, which means that you can back up files from eight directories at a time.
- The source path must be an absolute path.
- You can enter a universal naming convention (UNC) path as a source path.
- Separate multiple source paths with carriage returns.
Plan Name The name of the backup plan. If you do not specify this parameter, a random name is set by default. Retention The retention period of backup data. Valid units: days, weeks, months, and years. Start Time The start time of the backup plan. The time is accurate to seconds. Plan Interval The interval for backing up incremental data. Valid units: hours, days, and weeks. Using Flow Control Specifies whether to enable throttling. You can enable throttling to set bandwidth limits for backing up data from a directory during peak hours. This guarantees business continuity. If you set the value to Use, select a throttling period and enter the maximum bandwidth that can be used for backup during the throttling period based on business requirements. Then, click Add.
Browse backup files online
You can use the online browse feature of HBR to quickly browse all files in each backup plan.
- On the Backup Plan and Job tab, find the target backup plan and click View in the Actions column.
- On the page that appears, select a backup source and click Browser in the Actions column.
In the Browser pane that appears, view all files in the source directory.Notice You can only browse files in this pane. For more information about how to restore a CSG instance, see Restore a CSG instance.
What to do next
On the Storage Gateway Backup page, click the Backup Plan and Job tab. On this tab, you can perform the operations as described in the following table.
|View an error report||Find the target backup plan and view the backup progress in the Status column. If some files fail to be backed up, click View in the Actions column. On the page that appears, click the Download icon in the Errors column to download the error report.|
|Start a backup job||Find the target backup plan and choose Actions column.in the|
|Cancel a running backup job||Find the target backup plan and choose Actions column.in the|
|Pause a running backup job||Find the target backup plan and choose Actions column.in the|
|Resume a paused backup job||Find the target backup plan and choose Actions column.in the|
|Modify a backup plan||Find the target backup plan and choose Actions column.in the|
|Delete a backup plan||Find the target backup plan and choose Actions column.
in the |
Note After you delete a backup plan, HBR no longer runs the plan but retains data that is backed up by using the plan.