This topic describes how to create a database account. This topic also explains the difference between a privileged account and a standard account.
Create an account
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster resides.
- Find the cluster, and then click the cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the page that appears, click Create Account.
- In the Create Account pane, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Account Name
Enter an account name. The account name must meet the following requirements:
- It must start with a lowercase letter and end with a letter or a digit.
- It can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- It must be 2 to 16 characters in length.
- It cannot be a system reserved username, such as root or admin.
- To create a privileged account, select Privileged Account.
- To create a standard account, select Standard Account.
Password Enter an account password. The password must meet the following requirements:
- It must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- It must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
- It can contain the following special characters:
Confirm Password Enter the password again. Description Enter the information about the account to facilitate subsequent account management. The description must meet the following requirements:
- It cannot start with http:// or https://.
- It must start with a letter.
- It can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-).
- It must be 2 to 256 characters in length.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Related API operations
|CreateAccount||Creates a database account for a specified PolarDB cluster.|
|DescribeAccounts||Queries the database accounts for a specified PolarDB cluster.|
|ModifyAccountDescription||Changes the description of a database account for a specified PolarDB cluster.|
|ModifyAccountPassword||Changes the password of a database account for a specified PolarDB cluster.|