This topic describes the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Data Guard of DataWorks.
- Q: What permissions can I request by using Data Guard?
A: You can request permissions on tables in DataWorks workspaces in the development and production environments by using Data Guard.
- Q: Why cannot I select fields sometimes when requesting permissions?
A: If LabelSecurity is enabled for a workspace, you can request permissions on individual fields in this workspace. If LabelSecurity is disabled for a workspace, you can request permissions only on tables in this workspace.
- Q: Who will approve my request?
A: Your request is approved by a project administrator or a table owner. After either a project administrator or a table owner approves or rejects your request, the request is closed.
- Q: Why do I find two requests on the My Requests page after I submit only one request?
A: The tables in your request belong to two owners. In this case, Data Guard automatically splits your request into two by table owner.
- Q: I request permissions on a field for one month only. Why is the validity period of the permissions becomes permanent after my request is approved?
A: The security level of this field is 0 or not higher than the security level of your account.
- Q: Why do I find permissions on some tables and fields on which I have not requested any permissions?
A: The possible causes are as follows:
- An administrator has granted the permissions to you by running commands in the DataWorks console.
- After your request is approved in Data Guard, Data Guard also grants you the permissions on fields whose security level is 0 or not higher than the security level of your account, even though you have not requested the permissions.
- Q: Why does a request disappear from the Pending Approval page before I handle it?
A: Another project administrator or table owner has approved or rejected the request. The request is closed and no longer needs to be handled.
- Q: What can I do if the message "You cannot perform this operation because there is a problem with the MaxCompute project" appears when I specify the workspace and environment?
A: Send the error message and error code to a project administrator for troubleshooting.
- Q: Why do I fail to revoke permissions on a field?
A: You can revoke permissions only on the fields whose security level is higher than the security level of your account.