To perform a system copy, you need to create a backup profile and add its file path to the Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) backup configuration.
- We recommend that you use the created backup profile for both log backup and catalog backup.
- If an SAP HANA instance has multiple nodes, you must configure a backup profile for each node.
- After you create a backup profile, you need to configure the read and write permissions (permission 664) for the backup profile.
Create a backup profile
The procedure is as follows:
- Create the /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig directory.
- Run the following command to create a backup profile in the specified directory:
|srcClusterId||The ID of the SAP HANA instance, which is generated by HBR when you register the SAP HANA instance.||i-bp14wddpc7t2p7nrkk03|
|srcSID||The system ID of the source SAP HANA database.||T01|
Add the file path of the backup profile
After creating a backup profile, you need to log on to the HBR console and add the file path to the HBR backup configuration. The procedure is as follows:
- Ensure that the SAP HANA instance is registered. On the SAP HANA Backup page, click the SAP HANA Instance tab.
- In the right-side Actions column, choose for the target SAP HANA instance.
- Click the Database tab to view the status of all databases on the SAP HANA instance.
- In the right-side Actions column, choose More > Config Backup for the target database.
- In the Config Backup dialog box, set the parameters as instructed in the following table.
Parameter Description Data Backup Config File Specify the Backint parameter file for data backup. Use same file in Log and Catalog backup Select this check box to use the backup profile for both log backup and catalog backup. We recommend that you select this check box. Log Backup Config File Specify the Backint parameter file for log backup. Catalog Backup Config File Specify the Backint parameter file for catalog backup. Catalog backup to Backint Turn on this switch to use Backint to back up catalogs. We recommend that you enable this feature to improve the backup performance.
- Click Create.