1) Configure wal_level = logical for the primary database.
2) Establish physical data flow diagrams to replicate the secondary database.
3) Create a logical slot for the primary database, and create the slot decode = pgoutput for the databases that require logical replication.
4) Activate read and write access to the secondary database and record the wal offset during the activation process, which you can view in the
5) Create a pub by the table that requires logical replication in the primary database.
6) Set the slot offset as the wal activation offset in the primary database.
7) Create a sub that assigns slots without initial data in the secondary database.
copy_data (Boolean): Specifies whether the existing data in the publications being subscribed to should be copied once the replication starts. The default is true.
create_slot (Boolean): Specifies whether the command should create the replication slot on the publisher. The default is true.
enabled (Boolean): Specifies whether the subscription should be actively replicating or it should be just set up but not started yet. The default is true.
slot_name (String): Name of the replication slot to use. The default behavior is to use the name of the subscription for the slot name.
When slot_name is set to NONE, no replication slot will be associated with the subscription. You can use this if you manually created the replication slot later. Such subscriptions must also have both enabled and create_slot set to false.
postgres=# \h create pub Command: CREATE PUBLICATION Description: define a new publication Syntax: CREATE PUBLICATION name [ FOR TABLE [ ONLY ] table_name [ * ] [, ...] | FOR ALL TABLES ] [ WITH ( publication_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) ] postgres=# \h create sub Command: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION Description: define a new subscription Syntax: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION subscription_name CONNECTION 'conninfo' PUBLICATION publication_name [, ...] [ WITH ( subscription_parameter [= value] [, ... ] ) ]
PostgreSQL Chemical Analysis Module: RDKit Cartridge 1 for Environment Deployment
How to Mask Sensitive Information on PostgreSQL Using Anon Plug-in
digoal - April 26, 2021
JDP - July 9, 2021
Alibaba Clouder - January 7, 2021
ApsaraDB - June 7, 2022
ApsaraDB - January 13, 2022
oceanbaseworld - November 29, 2019
Fully managed and less trouble database servicesLearn More
A reliable, cost-efficient backup service for continuous data protection.Learn More
Leverage cloud-native database solutions dedicated for FinTech.Learn More
Migrate your legacy Oracle databases to Alibaba Cloud to save on long-term costs and take advantage of improved scalability, reliability, robust security, high performance, and cloud-native features.Learn More
More Posts by digoal