Create@Alibaba Cloud Startup Contest—London
- London, UK
- 2016, 23 June
[Ended]Create@Alibaba Cloud Startup Contest—London
Interested?  Download Application Form in the left now!
Contest consultancy and application form (need download first) pls send to CACSC@list.alibaba-inc.com.
There are three awards for London session participants:
1. Competition finalists
- Eligibility for Alibaba Cloud’s international startup program Create@Alibaba Cloud where participants will receive and win USD $10,000 credit in cloud resources and free 1 on 1 Cloud infrastructure solution planning with Alibaba Cloud Architects.
- Strong Mentor Support from Cocoon Networks and the Mayor’s International Business Program.
- ICP application support, making it easy and smooth to set up your website and applications in China.
- Opportunities to connect with investors/incubators/co-working spaces in China.
- Co-marketing opportunities with Alibaba and Cocoon Networks.
2. The winner of London session
In addition to the resources mentioned above, the winner of the competition will also receive the following:
- USD $50,000 credit to be used on Alibaba Cloud products and services.
- An invitation to the Alibaba Cloud Yunqi Conference for the world final. There the winner will have the opportunity to meet the top investment firms in China and gain coverage from global media. The trip to China is provided and sponsored by London & Partners.
- Free working space provided by Cocoon Networks and exclusive membership to access to all facilities in the Cocoon Networks London Building.
3. The champion of CACSC world final
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, the winner of the global final, held in Hangzhou on October 2016, will receive the following rewards:
A place in the Alibaba Cloud’s 18 Founders program, to receive the USD $216,000 credit to be used on Alibaba Cloud products and services, and a tailor-made marketing support plan which will give the winner access to global media exposure and opportunities to meet with investors.
Competition Entry Requirements, Rules & Notes
1. Entry requirements
- The company must be registered in Europe or Israel (companies from other countries and regions can apply other sessions of CACSC).
- Officially registered as a company for no more than 5 years.
- Not yet a public listed company.
- Annual revenue is less than USD $500,000.
- Have a clear business model, innovative products and a good potential to grow.
2. Competition rules
-   Sign-up: Startups can sign-up through Alibaba Cloud website and our partners’ channels, or recommended by others, the application requires basic company information and the detailed business profile (details see the Application Form, and pls send the Form to CACSC@list.alibaba-inc.com). Member of   F6S can also signup from F6S website.
-   Pre-screen: The CACSC London contest committee will carefully read the materials of each applicant, and may call or email the applicants to check necessary information or learn more; and 8 startups will be selected for the London final and to be notified the detailed arrangements and how to prepare.
-   London final: We will hold the demo day in public area, each startup in the finalist choose one representative to introduce their project, and the judges will select one champion for the world final in China.
3. Time and venue of the London final
Time: June 23rd, 10:00am—2:30pm
Venue: Huckletree, 18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AH
4. Judging criterion
The contest committee will take considerations of the following aspects to make the choices: the background of the founder team, the innovativeness, the market potential, and the profitability.
If you have already joined Create@Alibaba Cloud, Alibaba Cloud will not grant additional credit for you.
Meet the Judges
Dajiang Han, Head of Alibaba Cloud Europe
Dajiang joined Alibaba in 2015 to lead up the Alibaba Cloud’s Europe team, covering sales, business development and strategic alliances. Prior to joining Alibaba, Dajiang held positions in various functions including product management, business development, and strategic alliances at Samsung Electronics and VMware. He received a MBA degree from Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of business and an ME/BE from the Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications.
John Zai, Founder & CEO of Cocoon Networks
In addition to being the CEO of Cocoon Networks, the first and the largest Chinese-capital backed international start-up ecosystem in Europe, John is also the Founder and the Chairman of the British Chinese Young Entrepreneurs Association (BCYEA), the largest Chinese start-up community in Britain. In the latter role, he shares his extensive international trade experiences to start-up companies who want to expand internationally. John is now also a mentor at the Mayor International Business Program.
Gordon Innes, CEO of London & Partners
Having previously practiced law in England and Australia, Gordon also has broad experiences in government economic policy development and delivery through having held senior positions at the Department for Business Innovation & Skills and the Foreign Office, both in the UK and in the United States. Prior to joining London & Partners, Gordon led the Government team to create the UK Green Investment Bank, which was capitalized with an initial ?3.8bn of public funds.
Andrew Cockburn, Head of Trade, Technology Team, UK Trade & Investment
Andrew runs an international trade team in the technology sector for UK Trade & Investment. Last year his team supported ?1.2bn worth of business deals for UK technology companies. Andrew had spent the last 8 months mapping out the UK technology landscape and has also been involved with UKTI’s strategic work as the organisation looks to reposition itself. Andrew has previous project and program management experience from time spend working in the area of utilities, housing investment and logistics. He has experience working at board level and with senior management and travels regularly round the world supporting UK companies win business.