Alibaba Cloud Launches Global Marketplace and AliLaunch Program for Technology Partners
August 9, 2016
Beijing, August 9, 2016 – Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, today unveils its Global Marketplace and AliLaunch program for technology partners. This new program allows international technology partners to enter China market through Alibaba Cloud's initiatives.
By leveraging Alibaba Cloud's leading cloud computing expertise, AliLaunch assists technology partners overcoming common obstacles that international companies have when expanding into China including scalability and technology compatibility. Through AliLaunch, these partners can leverage a variety of value added offerings such as joint ventures, marketplace partnerships and wholesaling to capitalize on this growing market.
"The introduction of AliLaunch demonstrates Alibaba Cloud's ongoing commitment of building a global cloud computing ecosystem, which connects SaaS developers and business partners from different countries on a unified platform. The AliLaunch program and Global Technology Partners Marketplace serve as the perfect platforms for making different software products accessible to businesses and organizations in China. We are aiming to build AliLaunch as the TMall1 of the cloud computing industry, with more technology partners added in the future," said Mr. Sicheng YU, Vice President of Alibaba Group and General Manager of Alibaba Cloud Global.
As the first step in creating the cloud computing TMall for the China market, the AliLaunch program can serve as an online "store" where enterprises in China will have access to different technology partners and can deploy software or services in a convenient and quick way through Alibaba Cloud. AliLaunch currently lists 11 technology partners from United States, Europe, Japan and Thailand, including SAP, SUSE and HERE. The technology partners cover a diversified mix of software products in different categories, including operating systems, network infrastructure, security, databases and streaming media. The market paves the way for technology partners like SAP to explore the China market further through its strategic partnership with Alibaba Cloud.
The Global Technology Partners participating in Alibaba Cloud's marketplaces include:
- SAP – As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP HANA One, a cloud-based, in-memory data management solution will be available on Alibaba Cloud's China marketplace
- SUSE – providing reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility
- HERE – offering maps and location experiences across multiple screens and operating systems. HERE helps people navigate their lives with ease and confidence
- Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) – offering business intelligence software Pentaho, that brings together diverse data types to help companies better use data through open source technology
- Check Point – providing customers with industry-leading solutions and a complete security architecture, protecting them from cyberattacks with an unmatched catch rate of malware and other types of threats
- AppScale – an open source application platform allowing developers the freedom to run Google App Engine applications in any public or private cloud, bringing applications where the business requires
- AppEx Networks – providing SD-WAN services, enterprise-grade connectivity and VPN, allowing companies to inter-connect their headquarters, branches, and data centers; and expedite the data transport and access to public clouds and SaaS applications worldwide
- Haivision – providing media management and video streaming solutions for world's leading organizations to communicate, collaborate and educate
- Hillstone Networks – offering a broad range of security solutions for enterprises and data center networks - whether physical, virtual, or in the cloud
- Wowza Media Systems – enables organizations to harness the power of high-quality live and on-demand audio and video streaming by reducing the complexities of delivery to any device
- TrueIDC – data center and cloud provider in Thailand, offering a full range of data center and cloud services
1 As China's largest third-party platform for brands and retailers, Tmall is Alibaba Group's B2C platform dedicated to providing a premium shopping experience for Chinese consumers in search of top-quality branded merchandise
About Alibaba Cloud
Established in September 2009, Alibaba Cloud (www.aliyun.com), Alibaba Group's cloud computing arm, develops highly scalable platforms for cloud computing and data management. It provides a comprehensive suite of cloud computing services to support participants of Alibaba Group's online and mobile commerce ecosystem, including sellers and other third-party customers and businesses. Alibaba Cloud is a business within Alibaba Group.