Important Notice: Alibaba Cloud ECS and VPC Upgrades
Dear Alibaba Cloud users,ECS: In order to optimize Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Alibaba Cloud Virtual Private Cloud, we are upgrading our systems at 8am to 3pm July 12 and 8am to 3pm July 26, 2016 (PTS). As a result during the upgrading period the following services will be temporarily affected:
- Alibaba Cloud customers will be temporarily unable to buy, upgrade or renew Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and pay-as-you-go cloud disks on the Alibaba Cloud website.
- ECS console and ECS API operations will be limited, including but not limited to: creating instance, deleting instance, starting instance, stopping instance, rebooting instance and reinitializing disks; creating snapshots; rollback snapshots; resetting and creating user defined images. If the above mentioned operations are affected, you will receive the error code: "ServiceUnavailable". The general running of Alibaba Cloud ECS will not be affected.
- The 'automatically create snapshot' function for Alibaba Cloud ECS will be temporarily stopped during the following times: · 10am to 4pm on July 12, 2016 (PST) for instances on the East China 2, South China 1, and the Hong Kong data centers. · 10am to 4pm on July 26, 2016 (PST) for instances on the for East China 1, North China 1, North China 2, West US 1, East US 1, and the Singapore data centers.
- Alibaba Cloud console will be temporary stopped creating Elastic IP addresses. Therefore any operation on VPC related resources through the VPC console and ECS API will be unable to be processed during the period.
- Any Alibaba Cloud Service based on ECS, e.g. Alibaba Cloud Auto Scaling (ESS), Alibaba Cloud Resource Orchestration (Preview), Alibaba Cloud Container Service , Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce, etc. will be temporary unable to automatically create and release relevant ECS instances.
Note: please try and avoid any of the above mentioned operations during the stated upgrade periods. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused, however these upgrades are for us to continue to optimize our platform to make sure you get the best service possible.
Thanks for your support and understanding.
July 05, 2016(PTS)