Alibaba ECS and VPC upgrade notice
We will upgrade Alibaba Cloud ECS and VPC systems on January 11, 2017 to provide better services to you. The upgrade may impact the following:
1) ECS and independent cloud disks will not be available for China North 1 region on the official Alibaba Cloud website, and you won't be able to purchase, upgrade or renew ECS in the China North 1 region on the official website.
2) You won't be able to perform any operations on the ECS in China North 1 region through the ECS console or ECS APIs. These operations include but are not limited to creating, releasing, starting, stopping or restarting instances, reinitializing the disk, creating or rolling back the snapshot, and resetting or creating custom images. The normal operation of ECS will not be affected during the system upgrade. If you call an ECS API for one of the affected operations listed above, a uniform error code will be returned: ServiceUnavailable.
3) Automatic creation of snapshots in China North 1 region will be unavailable on Janurary 11, 2017 from 01:00-07:00.
4) EIP activation is disabled in China North 1 region on the official Alibaba Cloud website. You will not be able to perform any operation on VPC-related resources in China North 1 region through the VPC console or ECS APIs.
5) Any cloud services based on ECS in China North 1 region such as Auto Scaling, Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) (in public beta), Container Service, and E-MapReduce (in public beta) will not be able to automatically create or release ECS instances.
Please make preparations in advance if you need to perform any of the above operations during the upgrade period. We apologize for any inconvenience incurred and thank you for your understanding. Thank you for your support of Alibaba Cloud![HA1] Best regards
The Alibaba Cloud Team