This topic describes how to disassociate a high-availability virtual IP address (HAVIP) from an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance. After the disassociation, the ECS instance can no longer advertise this HAVIP by sending Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) messages.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click HaVip Addresses.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region of the HAVIP.
- On the HaVip Addresses page, find the HAVIP and click Actions in the Manage column.
- In the Resources section, find the ECS instance and click Unbind.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.