This topic describes how to associate a high-availability virtual IP address (HAVIP) with an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance that is deployed in a virtual private cloud (VPC). After the association, the ECS instance can advertise this HAVIP by sending Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) messages. An HAVIP must be associated with ECS instances that belong to the same VSwitch and each HAVIP can be associated with at most two ECS instances.
For more information, see Create an instance by using the provided wizard.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click HaVip Addresses.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region of the HAVIP.
- On the HaVip Address page, find the HAVIP and click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the Resources section, click .
- In the dialog box that appears, select the ECS instance and click OK.
- On the HaVip Details page, you can click Refresh to view the ECS instances that are associated with the HAVIP.