This topic describes how to perform operations that are related to configuration management on the Configuration Management page in Data Map. For example, you can manage the categories and visibility of MaxCompute tables in the workspaces that you manage or own.
- By default, an Alibaba Cloud account has the required permissions.
- A RAM user to which the AliyunDataWorksFullAccess policy is attached has the required permissions. If you want to perform operations on the Configuration Management page as a RAM user, make sure that the AliyunDataWorksFullAccess policy is attached to the RAM user. For more information, see Overview of the DataWorks permission management system.
This feature is in invitational preview. If you want to use the feature, contact technical personnel.
Go to the Configuration Management page
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the desired workspace resides. Find the workspace and click Data Map in the Actions column.
- In the top navigation bar, move the pointer over More and select Configuration Management.
Manage table categories
You can use the category management feature to organize and manage tables by category. After you configure the categories of your MaxCompute tables, you can search for tables by category. The feature also allows you to add specified tables to your favorites for quick queries. After you configure the categories of MaxCompute tables, all members of the DataWorks workspaces that reside in the current region can search for tables based on the categories.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Manage Categories.
- Create a category. In the Manage Categories section, click the icon next to Categories to create a category.Note You can create up to four levels of categories. After a category is created, you can click the or icon to edit or delete the category.
- Manage tables in the category. You can click Add Tables in the upper-right corner of the page to add a table to the current category as prompted. The added table is displayed on the right side of the page. You can also remove the added table from the current category based on your business requirements.
Manage table visibility
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Manage Workspaces.
- In the Workspaces Owned/Managed by Me section, select a workspace. In the Workspace Status section, you can turn on or off the switch for each type of permission on the specified
- Manage Metadata: specifies whether the metadata of tables in a project can be queried in Data Map.
- Preview Data: specifies whether sample data of a table in a project can be previewed by a member of a tenant even if the member is not granted the permissions to access the sample data.
- Allow Only Project Members to View Project Tables: specifies the default visibility property for tables in a project. This switch specifies whether tables in a project can be viewed only by members of the project.