This topic describes how to put an ECS instance into the Protected state to prevent the ECS instance from being automatically removed from a scaling group. After an ECS instance is put into the Protected state, the SLB weight value of the ECS instance remains unchanged. If an ECS instance is in the Protected state, Auto Scaling does not check its health status or release it.
After an ECS instance is put into the Protected state:
- If an SLB instance is associated with the scaling group to which the ECS instance belongs, the SLB weight value of the ECS instance remains unchanged.
- The ECS instance stays in the Protected state until you manually remove it from the Protected state.
- If a scale-in event is triggered, Auto Scaling will not remove the ECS instance. To release the ECS instance, you must remove the ECS instance from the Protected state and then remove it from the scaling group.
- When the ECS instance is stopped or restarted, its health check status remains unchanged.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where Auto Scaling is activated.
- Find a scaling group and use one of the following methods to go to the scaling group details page:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Details in the Actions column.
- In the upper part of the page, click the Instances tab.
- Click the Auto Created tab or the Manually Added tab.
- To select an ECS instance that is automatically created, click the Auto Created tab.
- To select an ECS instance that is manually added, click the Manually Added tab.
- Use one of the following methods to put one or more ECS instances into the Protected state:
- Find the ECS instance that you want to put into the Protected state and click Switch to Protected in the Actions column.
- Select multiple ECS instances that you want to put into the Protected state and click Switch to Protected in the lower part of the ECS Instances page.
- In the message that appears, click OK.