You can create and define baselines on the Baseline Management page.
Create a baseline
- Go to the Operation Center page, and then choose in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Baseline Management page, click Create Baseline in the upper-right corner.
Note Currently, only the project administrator can create baselines.
- In the Create Baseline dialog box that appears, set the parameters, and then click OK.
Parameter Description Baseline Name The name of the baseline. Workspace The workspace of the task associated with the baseline. Owner The name or ID of the owner. Recurrence Specifies whether the baseline is detected by day or hour.
- By the Day Interval: Select this option for daily scheduled tasks.
- By the Hour Interval: Select this option for hourly scheduled tasks.
- Node: the task node associated with the baseline. Enter the name or ID of a task node, and then click the icon on the right to add the task node. You can add multiple task nodes.
- Workflow: the business flow associated with the baseline. Enter the name or ID of a business flow, and click the icon on the right to add the business flow. We recommend that you only add the last task node of a business flow instead of all task nodes.
Priority The priority of the baseline. A baseline with a higher priority is scheduled first. Currently, the only available priority value is 1. Estimated Completion Time The completion time of the task estimated based on the average running time of the task during previous scheduling. If no historical data is available, the message The completion time cannot be estimated due to a lack of historical data. is displayed. Committed Time The time point when a task should be completed. An alert is triggered if the task is not completed until the time point obtained by subtracting the alert margin time from the committed completion time. Margin Threshold The interval before an alert is triggered. For example, set Committed Time to 3:30 and Margin Threshold to 10 minutes. An alert is triggered if the task is not completed at 3:20. Assume that the average running time of the task is 30 minutes. If the task is not started at 2:50, an alert is triggered.Note The average running time of a task can be calculated based on the data of the last 15 days.
- After a baseline is created, click Enable in the Actions column to enable the baseline.
You can click View Details, Change, Enable, Disable, or Delete in the Actions column to perform related operations.
- View Details: Click View Details to view the basic information about the corresponding baseline.
- Change: Click Change to modify the corresponding baseline.
- Enable or Disable: Click Enable or Disable to enable or disable the corresponding baseline. A baseline instance can be generated only when the corresponding baseline is enabled.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete the corresponding baseline.
Add a task to a baseline
By default, all tasks in the production environment are in the default project baseline. When you create a baseline, you actually move tasks from the default project baseline to the baseline you create.
- On the Baselines page, click Create Baseline in the upper-right corner. Then, create a baseline by following the instructions
in the Create a baseline section.
- On the Cycle Task page, find the task, click More in the Actions column, and then select Add to Baseline from the drop-down list.