- Must I provide genuine information during domain registration?
- Will Alibaba Cloud notify me when my domain name expires?
- Why can’t I find my domain name in the Domain Name list?
- How to export the domain name list?
- How to search for domain name information?
Must I provide genuine information during domain registration?
When registering a domain name, you must provide the genuine information when registering a domain name. False information may cause serious consequences.
The domain name administration authority ICANN requires authentic information from all registrants during domain name registration. If any information of a domain name is false, ICANN has the right to cancel this domain name.
In case of domain name disputes, you may find yourself in a difficult situation if you have used false registration information, and your rights as the real registrant may not be protected.
Will Alibaba Cloud notify me when my domain name expires?
Yes. Upon expiry of an Alibaba Cloud domain name, Alibaba Cloud sends a notice to your Alibaba Cloud account’s contact mailbox and mobile phone number. You will receive email reminders respectively 60 days, 45 days, 30 days, 15 days, and 10 days before, and on the first Monday of the first week after the domain name expiry. You will also receive text message reminders 10 days and 5 days before, and one day after the domain name expiry.
Why can’t I find my domain name in the Domain Name list?
Possible causes and corresponding solutions are as follows:
- You have more than one Alibaba Cloud account, and your domain name was not registered with the account that is currently logged on. You can retrieve your account using your domain name information.
- You have missed the renewal/redemption period for your domain name, and it has already been removed. You can use Alibaba Cloud WHOIS search page to view the domain name status. If the status indicates that the domain name is not registered, you can register this domain name again. If your domain name has been registered by another person or entity, you have to negotiate with the registrant to see if the registrant would like to transfer the domain name to you.
- You have just completed the registration process and made the payment, but the domain name is not added to the domain name list.
- That is because your account has outstanding payment, and the payment you just made has been used to offset the outstanding payment, causing failure to purchase the domain name. You can try to purchase this domain name again.
- The domain name you attempted to register is subject to trademark protection or is a premium domain name. Alibaba Cloud will inform you of the registration failure and refund the payment you’ve made to your Alibaba Cloud account.
How to export the domain name list?
- Log on to the Domains console.
- Click Export Domain List in the upper right corner to export the domain name list to an Excel file.
How to search for domain name information?
Go to the Alibaba Cloud WHOIS page, enter the domain name you want to search, and then click Search to view the domain registration information.
To comply with ICANN’s Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), our registrar’s public WHOIS output will no longer display personal data from 25 May 2018. As your privacy will be protected by default after the change becomes effective, Privacy and Proxy Service provided by Alibaba Cloud will be suspended after 25 May 2018. Read details.
To search Whois data for .tw domain names:
Log on to Taiwan Whois Data Center platform, enter the domain name in the Domain Name Whois Search field, select the .tw extension, and then click Search.