Domain name transfer is the act of transferring a domain name between registrars, generally from a third-party registrar to Alibaba Cloud, for management.
Alibaba Cloud charges no fees for transferring a domain name to Alibaba Cloud. However, in accordance with ICANN, the target registrar of the domain name transfer must extend the validity period of the domain name by one year, which means an extension fee is incurred. A one-year extension fee is the same price as a one-year renewal.
The domain name to be transferred:
- Must be an existing domain name.
- Must be registered from a register other than Alibaba Cloud.
- Must have been registered for at least 60 days.
- Is not in the clientUpdateProhibited/ServerUpdateProhibited/clientHold status.
- Has exceeded 60 days since the previous transfer.
- Is not in dispute, under arbitration, or restricted by any court of law.