Requirements for ICP Filing
- Enterprises: Use business licenses for ICP Filing.
- Individuals: Temporary ID cards cannot be used for ICP Filing. Residents of Hong Kong and Macao can use Exit-Entry Permits for Traveling to and from Hong Kong and Macao for ICP Filing. The domicile indicated in identity documents must be in this province. Otherwise, upload a temporary residence permit or residence permit.
- The ICP Filing subject administrator and website administrator must be the legal representative. If the website administrator is not the legal representative, provide a letter of authorization from the legal representative.
- The domain name holder must be the ICP Filing or legal representative. If privacy protection is set for the domain name, it must be disabled during the ICP Filing period.
- If an ICP Filing number has been obtained for a domain name, the domain name must be accessible. The ICP Filing number must be indicated at the bottom of the website and be consistent with the actual ICP Filing number.
Documents required for ICP Filing
- Enterprise: An electronic scanned copy of the original valid certificate of the subject and electronic copies of the original valid identity document of the subject/website administrators. If the website administrator is not the legal representative, a letter of authorization from its legal representative must be provided.
- Individual: An electronic copy of an original valid individual identity document.
- ICP filing authenticity checklist: Available for download during the ICP filing process.
ICP Filing information change rules
- An enterprise ICP Filing can be changed to an ICP Filing for another enterprise if you provide a certificate of change.
- If the organization name or document number is changed, a certificate of change issued by the competent authority (issuing authority) must be provided.
- When an individual with an individual ICP Filing is the legal representative of an enterprise or the website administrator, the individual ICP Filing can be changed to an enterprise ICP Filing.
ICP Filing transfer rules
- When name of the subject is inconsistent with the subject name returned by a public query, you must provide a certificate of change issued by the Trade and Industry Bureau before the transfer can take place. After successful transfer, the ICP Filing information can be changed.
- The domicile indicated in the relevant identity documents, the mailing address, the document number, and administrator information must comply with the rules of the competent authority. After successful transfer, this information can be changed.