Requirements for ICP Filing
- Enterprises: Use the business license for ICP Filing.
- Individuals: Temporary ID cards cannot be used for ICP Filing. Residents of Hong Kong and Macao can use Exit-Entry Permits for Traveling to and from Hong Kong and Macao for ICP Filing. The domicile indicated in identity documents must be in this province. Otherwise, you must upload a residence permit or temporary one.
- The ICP Filing subject and the website administrator must be the legal representative. If the website administrator is not the legal representative, provide a letter of authorization from the legal representative.
- The name of the domain name holder must be the enterprise name or legal representative name. If privacy protection is set for the domain name, disable it during the ICP Filing process.
- If an ICP Filing number has been obtained for a domain name, the domain name must be accessible. The actual ICP Filing number must be shown at the bottom of the website page.
Documents required for ICP Filing
- Enterprise: An electronic scanned copy of the original valid certificate of the subject, and an electronic copy of the original valid identity document of the subject/website administrator.
- Individual: An electronic copy of the original valid individual identity document.
- ICP filing authenticity statement: Can be downloaded during the ICP filing process.
- Enterprise: If the website administrator is not the legal representative, a letter of authorization from the legal representative must be provided.
ICP Filing information change rules
- An enterprise ICP Filing can be changed to an another enterprise ICP Filing if you provide a certificate of change.
- If the organization name or document number is changed, a certificate of change issued by the competent authority (issuing authority) must be provided.
- If an individual with an individual ICP Filing is the legal representative of an enterprise or the website administrator, the individual ICP Filing can be changed to an enterprise ICP Filing.
ICP Filing transfer rules
- If the name of the subject is inconsistent with the subject name returned by a public query, the certificate of change issued by the Trade and Industry Bureau must be provided before the transfer. After successful transfer, the ICP Filing information can be changed.
- The domicile indicated in the relevant identity documents, the mailing address, the document number, and the subject information must comply with the rules of the competent authority. After successful transfer, this information can be changed.