Requirements for ICP filing
- Enterprises: Use the business licenses for ICP Filing. The subject administrator must be the legal representative.
- Individuals: Chinese citizens must use their ID cards for ICP Filing.
- The domain name owner must be the ICP Filing owner.
- Domain names registered from a non-Chinese domain name provider and with country codes are not supported. If multiple domain names direct to the same website, state that “The domain names direct to the same website” in the remarks. If multiple domain names direct to different websites or the domain names have obviously different prefixes, you must apply for ICP Filings separately.
Documents required for ICP Filing
- Enterprises: An electronic scanned copy of the original valid certificate of the ICP Filing owner and an electronic copy of the original valid identity document of the subject and website administrators.
- Individuals: An electronic copy of an original valid individual identity document.
- ICP Filing authenticity checklist: Available for download during the ICP filing process.
ICP Filing information change rules
- Enterprise ICP Filings cannot be changed to individual ICP Filings.
- Individual ICP Filings cannot be changed to filings of another individual or enterprise ICP Filings.
- If either the name or document number of the enterprise has changed, the ICP Filing information can be changed, but the certificate of change issued by the competent authority (issuing authority) must be provided.
- If both the name and document number of the enterprise have changed, the ICP Filing information cannot be changed. If you has changed your business license to the Three-in-One license, this causes the name and document number to change at the same time. In this situation, you must provide the certificate of name change and certificate of document number change issued by the relevant issuing authority.
ICP Filing transfer rules
- If the name or document number of the ICP Filing owner is inconsistent with the original ICP Filing information, you must provide a certificate of change issued by the competent authority. After successful transfer, the ICP Filing information is changed. If individual ICP Filing information is inconsistent with the original ICP Filing information, you must apply for a new ICP Filing after changing the relevant information or canceling your ICP Filing at the original service provider.
- The domicile indicated in the relevant ID documents, the mailing address, and owner information must comply with the rules of the competent authority. After successful transfer, the information can be changed.
- Individuals: The mailing address must comply with the rules of the competent authority. After successful transfer, this information can be changed.