PLEASE READ THESE PAYMENT AND TAX TERMS CAREFULLYThese Alibaba Cloud International Website Payment and Tax Terms (the “Payment and Tax Terms”) set forth the payment and tax terms in connection with your purchases of Alibaba Cloud products and services and/or Marketplace Products (as hereinafter defined) and shall form part of the Alibaba Cloud International Website Membership Agreement (the “Membership Agreement”). You should also read the Alipay Services Agreement made between you as a User (as defined in the Alipay Services Agreement) and Alipay Singapore E-Commerce Private Limited carefully, which is incorporated into these Payment and Tax Terms by reference. Unless otherwise provided herein, capitalized terms used in these Payment and Tax Terms shall have the same meaning as those defined in the Membership Agreement.
- CurrencyThe product prices listed on the Alibaba Cloud International Website are in United States Dollars. We support payment in United States Dollars, Indian Rupee, and Malaysian Ringgit. If payment is to be made by you in Indian Rupee or Malaysian Ringgit, the calculation of the payment amount shall be reasonably set by Alibaba Cloud with reference to the exchange rate provided to Ant Financial by Ant Financial’s cooperating bank(s) or institution(s) on the day on which: (1) for subscription orders (either new or upgrade orders), the order is confirmed and (2) for Pay-as-you-go services, the service consumption reaches the billing threshold set by Alibaba Cloud.
- Purchase OptionsCurrently Alibaba Cloud supports the following payment options:2.1 Post-service paymenta) This purchase option charges you based on what and how much of Alibaba Cloud products or services you have used.b) If you select this purchase option, you authorize us to charge your default payment method upon service consumption reaching certain threshold and at the end of the calendar month, but we also have the right to raise invoices at higher frequencies upon prior written notice to you, or if we suspect that your account may be subject to fraud or non-payment risk. You are required to select or add a payment method (i.e. credit card, debit card, PayPal, or Paytm Wallet if you choose Indian Rupee as payment currency) at the time of signing up for your membership Account.c) The data and records of your product and service usage are logged by our system and are the final conclusive evidence for calculating your product and service fees. To stop billing, you need to log into your Account, shut down your services and release all your instances.d) Your most recent invoices will be available for download for information on the actual resources you have used.e) Unless otherwise stated in any specific product terms, you may cancel your plan any time by logging in to your Account and stopping all your services in the Alibaba Cloud backend system.2.2 Prepaida) This purchase option charges you based on your subscription period or usage package for the products you purchased. Subject to any applicable Terms, you will have unlimited usage of your product during the prepaid period.b) If you choose the prepaid purchase option, you authorize us to charge your default payment method after you place an order for purchasing Alibaba Cloud prepaid products and services.c) Prepaid purchases will be automatically renewed after the chosen period of subscription comes to an end. If you do not wish to renew your products or services, you need to log in to your Account and configure your Account setting to turn off the automatic renewal option for prepaid purchases.d) No refunds are available for any prepaid products or services.2.3 Prepayment Balancea) Under this purchase option, you may make payment to us (“Prepayment Balance”) to pre-order products.b) You agree that we may deduct from your Prepayment Balance any outstanding amount payable by you. If your Prepayment Balance is insufficient to cover any outstanding payment, we may charge both your Prepayment Balance and your second default payment method for your purchase orders.c) Subject to Section 2.2 d) above, refund of Prepayment Balance shall only become available after ninety (90) days have elapsed since the payment is made to Prepayment Balance. To request a refund, you must submit a request to us via this link, and we will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable after you send us all relevant documents and information we reasonably request that you provide, which may include without limitation the relevant payment receipt issued by Alibaba Cloud, your bank account number, your account holder name, and your bank name. Any outstanding amounts shall be deducted from Prepayment Balance before any refund is made. Any refund can only be made to the original bank account from which you made the payment to Prepayment Balance.2.4 All amounts payable by you shall be made without any set-off or counterclaim, and without any deduction or withholding.
- Payment Method3.1 If you choose U.S. Dollars as payment currency, we support payment by credit card, debit card, or PayPal. If you choose Indian Rupee as payment currency, we support payment by Paytm Wallet. If you choose Malaysian Ringgit as payment currency, we support payment by credit card or debit card. Each Account may have multiple payment methods registered at the same time, but there can only be one default payment method to be used for all your payments. For example, if you have used a credit card to pay for a prepaid service, this credit card will be your default payment method and you can only use it to make other purchases. You can only use another registered payment method to make payments if you do not have any other existing products or services currently being billed to another payment method in effect.3.2 Each registered payment method can only be tied to one Account.
- Payment Failure4.1 If, for reasons attributed to you or your registered payment method, we cannot bill you or otherwise process your payment, we will notify you by email to your registered email address and request you to resolve the problem. In this case, you will be able to continue to use your products for another 15 days. After this 15-day period, if the issue has not been resolved and payment has not been made, Alibaba Cloud shall have the right, to suspend your service until payment has been processed or to terminate your services without any liability to you. Prior to any service suspension or termination, an email will be sent to your registered email address. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Section 4.1 only applies to post-service payment scenario or prepayment renewal scenario, and is subject to the termination and suspension provision of Section 7 of the Membership Agreement.4.2 After the termination of your services, Alibaba Cloud shall have the right, to release all your instances without any liability to you 15 days after the date of termination of your services.
- Alibaba Cloud International Marketplace Platform (the “International Marketplace”)5.1 Post-service payment or prepaid purchase options are available depending on the specific product purchased and/or subscribed (the “Marketplace Product”) on the International Marketplace.5.2 If payment is overdue for more than fifteen (15) days, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Marketplace Product without any liability to you.5.3 For Marketplace Products which are offered as free trials, you must cancel your purchase or subscription before the free trial ends in order not to be charged for the Marketplace Product.5.4 Cancellations and/or configuration of automatic renewals can be carried out via the International Marketplace interface.
- Tax6.1 All fees and amounts payable by you to us (collectively “Fees”) are exclusive of any taxes and duties, including VAT, GST, sales tax, and communication tax, required by applicable law (including local law or ordinance) (collectively “Taxes”).6.2 You agree to notify us, in a timely manner of any Taxes applicable to you with respect to any Fees paid by you hereunder and to provide us with any supporting documentation and information, including your registration number for such Taxes. If you are legally entitled to any exemption from Taxes, you agree to provide us with any required current tax exemption documentation for each applicable tax jurisdiction. We shall apply the tax exemption certificates to Fees under your Account occurring after the date we receive the tax exemption certificates. If, during the course of an audit by a taxing authority of our transactions with you hereunder, an exemption certificate you have provided is challenged as invalid, resulting in an assessment of any Taxes on us, you agree to reimburse us for the resulting Taxes, interest and penalties.6.3 If any deduction or withholding is required on any Fees paid by you to us, you agree to pay us any additional amount necessary to ensure that the net amount we receive, after any deduction and withholding, equals the amount we would have received if no deduction or withholding had been required. In addition, you agree to provide us with supporting documentation, within thirty (30) calendar days of payment, that any such deduction or withholding has been timely and properly remitted to the relevant tax authorities.