Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- When you perform operations that have risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- Before you modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to ECS and RDS instances, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted security information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
After the instance has been restored in overwriting mode, apsaradb for RDS creates a temporary instance by using the API. The temporary instance is not allowed to be created during the period from the Restoration in overwriting mode to the last backup time. That is, data cannot be restored between the time of the backup set to the last backup set (that is, no temporary instances cannot be created). Perform the operations according to the following three scenarios.
You can specify the latest backup set at time b, and the last backup set at time c. The user rolls back the data to time point b at the current time a, and the temporary instance cannot be created after the rollback from Time c to time b. c. The creations before point in time are not affected.
You can specify the latest backup set at time b, and the last backup set at time c. You create a temporary instance at a time point between b and a a1 and roll back to a1. The creation before point b is not affected.
You can specify the latest backup set at time b, and the last backup set at time c. The user creates a temporary instance at a time point b1 between c and b and rolls back to B1. c. The creations before point in time are not affected.
- ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL
- ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server
- ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL