This article describes how to shrink RDS SQL Server transaction logs.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- When you perform operations that have risks, such as modifying instances or data, check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- Before you modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to ECS and RDS instances, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted security information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target ApsaraDB for RDS instance is located.
- Click the target instance ID. In the left-side navigation pane, choose backup and restoration.
- In the upper-right corner, click shrink transaction log, and then click confirm OK.
Tips: clean up after the need to wait for the end of the transaction, generally takes about 20 minutes. In addition, SQL Server compresses the transaction log during each backup
- Apsaradb for RDS SQL Server