This topic describes how to create an account for an apsaradb for MongoDB instance.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
After you create an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance, the system automatically creates a root user in the admin database. This user has the root permissions of ApsaraDB for MongoDB. You can log on to a database as the root user to create other users and grant them permissions.
- Create an account in DMS. For more information, see use DMS to create an account.
- To create a user by running the
db.createUser()command, visit db.createUser().
- ApsaraDB for MongoDB