The user receives an alarm from the CloudMonitor. However, after the manual tests, the user confirms that the service is running properly and the alarm is a false one.
CloudMonitor simulates access tests to your service from metric points over the Internet. Therefore, when the Internet connection from the monitoring site server to your service server suffers an exception (such as prolonged delay or packet loss), the corresponding monitoring site may issue a false alarm.
You can set combined alarm and the alarming retries to reduce the probability of such issues. The configuration is outlined as follows:
- Log in to the cloud monitoring console and click site administration in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Alarm Rules on the right side of the corresponding monitoring address;
- Click the Modify button on the right side of the corresponding alarm rules to open the modification wizard;
- Modify Number of Retries to Send Alarms to 3 or 5;
- Modify Alarm Method to Combined Alarm of Multiple Monitoring Sites;
After the preceding configuration change, only when exceptions are detected at all the monitoring sites multiple times will the alarm be sent, which helps to reduce the false alarm rate.