If you have forgotten your MIIT ICP Filing password, you can retrieve it by using the online or offline retrieval method (only available in Chinese).
- Go to the MIIT ICP Filing system (www.miitbeian.gov.cn).
- Go to the Retrieve ICP Filing Password page on the website of the local communications administration.You can access the Retrieve ICP Filing Password page on the website of the local communications administration in two ways.
- Method 1: Click the Retrieve ICP Filing Password button on the lower-right of the MIIT page. In the dialog box that appears, select the province of your ICP Filing and click OK.
- Method 2: Click the location of the communications administration to go to the corresponding webpage. Then, click the Retrieve ICP Filing Password button.
- Enter your ICP Filing number issued by the MIIT, your document number, and your mobile phone number used in the ICP Filing.
- Filing/License number: Enter your ICP number without the “-1” at the end. If you have forgotten your ICP number, find it on the Public Query page of the MIIT website.
- Document type: Select the document type you used for the ICP Filing.
- Document number: Enter the document number you used for the ICP Filing.
- Mobile phone number: Enter the mobile phone number in the ICP Filing information.
After all this information is verified, your ICP Filing password is sent directly to your phone number and email address you have entered as the ICP Filing subject contact information.
If the mobile phone number and email address you used in the ICP Filing are not available, you can download the ICP Filing Password Retrieval Application Form from Related Downloads at the lower-left of the homepage of the local communications administration. Follow the instruction mentioned in the application form to enter the information and submit it.For example, you can find the following link on the homepage of Beijing Communications Administration: