Each Alibaba Cloud ECS instance comes with five ICP Filing service numbers, which you can use for product verification when completing ICP Filing for your website domain name on the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system.
- Server requirements: The region of your ECS instance is a region in mainland China. The ECS instance must have at least a 3-month subscription, and you must also buy Internet bandwidth (if you did not buy Internet bandwidth when buying the ECS instance, see the instructions in the ECS product document Upgrade/Downgrade Configurations to upgrade and buy Internet bandwidth).
Note: Pay-As-You-Go instances do not support ICP Filing.
- Number limit: You can apply for at most 5 ICP Filing service numbers for an ECS instance.
- One service number can only be used once: When an ICP Filing service number is used, it becomes permanently invalid after the filing is completed. The number can neither be used for the filing of another website domain name, nor be released or deleted for reuse.
- Log on the Alibaba Cloud Console with the account, with which you bought the Alibaba Cloud ECS instance.
- Move your mouse cursor to ICP, and click ICP No. Application in the drop-down box.
- In the instance list, find the instance, for which you want to apply for an ICP Filing service number. Click the Apply button in that instance’s information bar. If the Apply button is not displayed, it means your server does not qualify for ICP Filing. See Restrictions.
- Click OK to confirm your application for a service number. Once your application is successfully completed, you can view the ICP service number on the ICP No. Management page.
If no Apply button is displayed in the instance information bar, the reasons are possibly as follows: -You are not logged on to the account, with which you bought the ECS instance with the Subscription payment method.-When you bought the ECS instance, you chose Pay-As-You-Go as the payment method. Pay-as-you-go instances do not support ICP Filing. To change the payment method, see switch from Pay-As-You-Go to Subscription. -The payment method of your ECS instance is Subscription, but the remaining time of the subscription is not long enough to meet the ICP Filing requirements. The requirements are as follows: Your ECS instance region must be in mainland China; you must have Internet bandwidth for the ECS instance; and your subscription time must be for at least 3 months. If your remaining subscription time is not long enough, you must renew your subscription to meet the requirement. -Your server has been expired. You cannot apply for an ICP Filing service number for an expired server. If your server has been expired, See ECS Prepayment (Monthly/Annual Subscription) for ECS billing information. -You have already reached the maximum quantity of ICP Filing service number applications for this ECS instance. You can apply for at most 5 ICP Filing service numbers for an ECS instance. If you have reached this limit, you must buy a new ECS instance for filing a new website. -You did not choose a region in mainland China for the Alibaba Cloud ECS you bought. You are not required to file with the MIIT if your ECS instance is in regions not in mainland China.
Currently, an Alibaba Cloud ECS can be filed only if it has Internet bandwidth. If you do not have an Internet IP, you must purchase the Internet bandwidth first.
If you want to apply for an ICP Filing service number, you must buy an Alibaba Cloud ECS instance.