If the domain name you have ICP filed through Alibaba Cloud is not in use, or you have moved the website to another service provider, you must log on to the ICP Management System to cancel either the ICP Filing or the ICP Filing transfer.Canceling your ICP Filing subject or website deletes your ICP Filing. Canceling transfer disassociates your website from your current hosting provider, but allows you to keep your ICP Filing. Once you have a new hosting provider, you must transfer your ICP Filing information to your new provider.
You can cancel the subject or cancel a website.Cancel the subject: It is to delete the ICP number and all the websites filed under the ICP number.Cancel a website: It is to delete a certain website filing.
- Log on to the ICP Filing system (only available in Chinese).
- Click the Cancel Subject or Cancel Website button on the ICP Filing information page.
- Enter your ICP Filing password, which is issued by MIIT , and confirm the deregistration.If you forget you ICP Filing password, you can retrieve it from the MIIT website. For retrieval procedures, see How can I retrieve my MIIT ICP Filing password?.Note: If you want to cancel one domain name of a website, which has multiple domain names, do not click Cancel Website, but click Change Website Information, to delete the undesired domain name in the website domain name list and submit for review. For more information on information change, see Change ICP Filing information.
If you cannot cancel your ICP Filing on Alibaba Cloud, you can download the application form for canceling ICP Filing on the communications administration website (only available in Chinese). Fill out and submit the application form together with your identification documents to the communications administration. The application form contains requirements for filling out the form and the proper method to submit your identification documents.
Download the application form: Beijing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Hebei, Henan, Shandong, Shanxi, Hubei, Tianjin, Chongqing, Liaoning, Jilin, Yunnan, Guizhou, Jiangxi, Anhui, Fujian, Guangxi, Hainan, Inner Mongolia, Shaanxi, Qinghai, Ningxia, Xinjiang, Gansu, Tibet, and HeilongjiangTo cancel ICP records filed in the following provinces, click to go to the related websites and follow the instructions.
Each Friday, the communications administration processes all applications submitted online during the week.
- Log on to the ICP Filing System.
- Click the Cancel ICP Filing Transfer button on the ICP Filing information page.
- Enter the ICP Filing password, and confirm the cancel operation.
This only cancels the association of your filing information with Alibaba Cloud, but the ICP Filing number remains valid with Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. You must transfer your ICP Filing information to your new provider as soon as possible.