If your identification documents have been filed with MIIT through other service providers, and now you want to buy an Alibaba Cloud ECS instance to host your new website, you must file for the new website domain name with Alibaba Cloud.
- Log on to the ICP Filing system. (Available in Chinese only).
- Enter the subject information which has been recorded in MIIT system and the domain name for your new website.
- Verify your ECS instance by the ICP Filing service code. You can go to the ICP No. Application page to apply for the ICP Filing service code for your ECS instance.
- Enter the information of the ICP Filing subject and website.
- Upload the required identification documents.
- After passing Alibaba Cloud review, the website administrator must take photos as required and upload the photos for further verification.Note for Shanghai users: Shanghai Communications Administration requires that ICP Filing applicants in Shanghai must use Shanghai Communications Administration app (Available in Chinese only) to verity the website administrator. For more information, see Using Shanghai Communications Administration app.
- Verify the mobile phone number of the subject and website administrators. Currently, mobile phone verification is applicable for Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, and Qinghai regions only.If you are applying an ICP Filing from Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, and Qinghai, you receive a text message (in Chinese) from the MIIT in about five minutes after you get the Alibaba Cloud message and email. You must follow the message to verify your mobile phone number in 48 hours. For more information, see Mobile phone verification for ICP Filing.
Alibaba Cloud submits your ICP Filing information to the local communications administration for approval in one workday after your photo passes the verification.
The review result is sent to you by a text message and an email.