If your identification documents are filed with the MIIT through other service providers, and now you want to buy an Alibaba Cloud ECS instance to host your new website, the new website domain name must be ICP filed with Alibaba Cloud.
- Log on to the ICP Filing system (available in Chinese only).
- Enter the new domain name and subject information which has been recorded in the MIIT system and click Verify Filing Type.
- Verify your Alibaba Cloud ECS instance.
For Product Type, select Alibaba Cloud and verify the instance by an ICP Filing service code. You can apply for an ICP Filing service code on ICP No. Application page of the Alibaba Cloud console. For more information about ICP Filing service code application, see Apply for ICP Filing service codes.
- Enter the information of the ICP Filing subject.
- Enter the information of the website.
If the content of the website contains a type in the Preapproval List, you must first consult the competent department of the local government. If no preapproval content is included, you can leave it empty.
- Upload scanned copies or photos of the required documents, and click Submit.
You must download the corresponding template of the authenticity statement under Upload website ICP Filing information authenticity form.
For assistance, see Document uploading FAQs.
- After Alibaba Cloud review, the website administrator must take a picture as required and upload it for further verification.
You can apply for an Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing backdrop on the Photo page. The website administrator takes a picture in front of the backdrop and upload the picture. Do not wear in red or blue when taking the picture.
Note for Shanghai users: Shanghai Communications Administration requires that ICP Filing applicants in Shanghai must use Shanghai Communications Administration app (Available in Chinese only) to verity the website administrator. For more information, see Using Shanghai Communications Administration app to verify the website administrator.
- Verify the mobile phone number of the subject and website administrators. Currently, mobile phone verification is required for users in Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, and Qinghai. Other provinces do not require mobile phone number verification.
If you apply for ICP Filing in these regions, you will receive a text message (in Chinese) from the MIIT in five minutes after you get a message and email from Alibaba Cloud.You must follow the message to verify your mobile phone number within 48 hours. If you have not finish the verification in 48 hours, your ICP Filing application will be rejected.
For more information about mobile phone number verification, see Mobile phone number verification for ICP Filing.
The local communications administration may take 3 to 20 workdays to review your ICP Filing information.
The review result is sent to you by a text message and an email. You can view your ICP Filing status on ICP Filing system.
After your ICP Filing information passes the local communications administration review, you can resolve you domain name and direct it to your Alibaba Cloud server.