Each Chinese province has its own ICP Filing regulations. An ICP Filing must be registered in the same province where the applicants’ business licenses were issued.
In accordance with the official application process, the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing application interface is only available in Chinese, so you must complete the application in Chinese. If you have any problems, contact us.
- Carefully read the local ICP Filing regulations.
- Prepare scanned copies or photos of your identifications and other required documents.
- For personal, you must prepare a scanned copy of the front and back of your ID card.
- For organization, you must prepare a scanned copy of the organization’s registration certificate, scanned copies of the front and back of the ID card of the person in charge of ICP Filing and the website administrator, and an authentication document stamped with the company’s official seal.
- An ECS instance with a subscription for at least three months and an Internet IP.-A domain name with the real-name registration information same as the information of the ICP Filing subject or the subject administrator. You must configure the domain name DNS to direct it to your ECS instance.
- Apply for an ICP Filing service number through the Alibaba Cloud console.The ICP Filing service number is used to verify your ECS instance during ICP Filing process.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud console.
- Click ICP > ICP No. Application.
- On the ICP No. Application page, fine the instance which hosts the website in the instance list, and click Apply. After you successfully apply the ICP Filing service number, you can see it on the ICP No. Management page.
- Log on to ICP Filing System (only available in Chinese), and fill out the registration form.Note:
- Select the location (province and district) according to the actual location of ICP Filing subject, and then the system displays the requirements of the local communications administration. You must submit the required documents for ICP Filing according to the local requirements.
- ICP licenses are linked to both an IP address and domain name. Alibaba Cloud supports domain names registered from with Alibaba Cloud and other domain name providers. The MIIT system verifies the domain name holder information and the ICP Filing subject information, so make sure that the domain name has passed the domain name real-name registration, and the information is the same as the ICP Filing subject information. For more information on domain name verification, see Domain name verification requirements.
- Verify your Alibaba Cloud ECS instance. Select Alibaba Cloud as the product type, and verify the instance by the ICP Filing service number you applied in the Alibaba Cloud console.
- Fill out the filing form.Note: The contact address and mobile phone must be from same the province as the subject is in.
- Fill out the basic information of your website.Note: Read and follow the requirements on the right side of the page when you enter your website information.
Upload documents for approval.Note:
- Upload scanned copies or photos of the required documents.
- Download the authenticity statement on this page. Fill it, scan the filled out page or take a photo of the page, and then upload.After you submit your ICP Filing application, Alibaba Cloud reviews your information in one business day. Note: Alibaba Cloud and the Communications Administration (local MIIT office) both contact you by phone. Make sure your phone number is in service and someone is available to answer during normal working hours in China.
Get the website administrator photo taken.After you pass the preliminary review, the website administrator must take photos as required and upload the photos for verification. MIIT requires ICP applicants to select one of several designated places, which are scattered in most major cities in China, to take an official photo as part of the application process. This rule stipulates the applicants to physically stay in China long enough to have a picture taken.You can request an official background (that is “photo backdrop”) from the document uploading page of your ICP Filing process, to make the procedure easier. Alibaba Cloud can ship the photo backdrop to anywhere in mainland China. You can take a picture in front of the backdrop and upload the photo to Alibaba Cloud for review.After receiving acceptable pictures and approve your application, Alibaba Cloud submits the application (if no problem) to the communications administration for approval. You are notified by an email and a text message.
- Verify the mobile phone number of the subject and website administrators. Currently, mobile phone verification is only for Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, and Qinghai.If you are applying an ICP Filing from Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, and Qinghai, you receive a text message (in Chinese) from the MIIT in about five minutes after you get the Alibaba Cloud message and email. You must follow the message to verify the mobile phones in 48 hours. For more information about how to verify the mobile phone numbers, see Mobile phone verification for ICP Filing.Once your ICP Filing is approved by the authority, you receive a ICP filing number and password. These is sent to the mobile phone and email address of the person who applied for the ICP Filing. Save them, because you use them if you ever want to update or change your ICP Filing.Now that the ICP Filing has been completed, your website’s domain name is resolvable from within China, and Chinese users can access your website.If you intend to engage in eCommerce, you can contact the local communications administration and start the ICP Commercial License application process.No matter what type of ICP registration you’ve completed. You must complete a PSB Filing as well. See the next step.
- PSB Filing.All website operators with an ICP number are also required to log on to the Public Security Bureau (PSB) Filing website (only available in Chinese) to complete a PSB Filing. You can find the information on the PSB Filing process in the Guide for PSB Filing (only available in Chinese), which can be download on the Public Security Bureau (PSB) Filing website.