Disclaimer: this article may be contributed by the community or involve third-party product information. We recommend that you visit the community or the official website of third-party products for help and support. Third-party products will not be provided by Alibaba Cloud after-sales support. This document is for reference only. Alibaba Cloud makes no guarantee by express or any other means.
When you use a local client to connect to an ECS instance running Windows, the following error message is displayed.
The system cannot find the specified file
Unable to start this initialization: f:\bob.vbs
Please query help for more information
The remote connection specifies an initialization program, but the program cannot be started.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
- Log on to a Windows instance. For more information, see connect to a Windows instance through Alibaba Cloud VNC.
- Select start > Management tools > Remote Desktop Services and then click remote desktop session host configuration .
- Enter the RD Session host configuration area, and double-click RDP-Tcp.
- Enter the RDP-Tcp property page, click environment, select not allowed to start initial programs; Always display desktop, click application>OK to save the configuration.
- Verify that the remote connection is used to log on to the Windows system without any error.
- Elastic Compute Service