After extending the volume of a Windows instance according to the normal expansion method, you can find that the disk space is still 40 GB.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
Perform the following steps to expand the disk:
- Run the following command to start the partition management process.
- Run the following command to view information about all volumes:
- Run the following command to select the disk to be expanded. In this example, extend the C disk:
select vol [$Volume]
Note:[$Volume] indicates the disk serial number.
- Run the following command to extend the volume.
- Elastic Compute Service