This topic describes how to configure a Data Lake Analytics (DLA) connection.
- Log on to the DataWorks console as a workspace administrator, find the target workspace, and then click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Connection to go to the page.
- On the Data Source page, click Add Connection in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Connection dialog box that appears, click Data Lake Analytics(DLA) in the Big Data Storage section.
- In the Add Data Lake Analytics(DLA) Connection dialog box that appears, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Connection Name The name of the connection. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Description The description of the connection. The description cannot exceed 80 characters in length. Applicable Environment The environment in which the connection is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is available only when the workspace is in standard mode. Connection URL The URL of the connection, in the format of
Database The name of the database. Username The username for logging on to the database. Password The password for logging on to the database.
- Click Test Connection.
- After the connectivity test is passed, click Complete.
Note on connectivity testing
- If the data store is a user-created one deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances that reside on a classic network, we recommend that you use a custom resource group to run sync nodes that use the connection. The default resource group does not guarantee that it can connect to the data store over the network.
- If the data store is deployed in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), the connectivity test
is not supported. You can click Complete without testing the connectivity.
If the data store is deployed in a VPC, you must use an exclusive resource group to run sync nodes that use the connection. For more information, see Exclusive resource mode and Data Lake Analytics node.