A Dameng (DM) connection allows you to read data from and write data to DM by using DM Reader and Writer. You can configure sync nodes for DM by using the codeless user interface (UI) or code editor.
Workspaces in standard mode support the connection isolation feature. You can add connections for the development and production environments separately and isolate the connections to protect your data security.
- Log on to the DataWorks console as a workspace administrator, find the target workspace, and then click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Connection to go to the page.
- On the Data Source page that appears, click Add Connection in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Connection dialog box that appears, click DM in the Relational Database section.
- In the Add DM Connection dialog box that appears, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Connection Name The name of the connection. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Description The description of the connection. The description cannot exceed 80 characters in length. Applicable Environment The environment in which the connection is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is available only when the workspace is in standard mode. JDBC URL The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) URL of the database, in the format of
Username The username for logging on to the database. Password The password for logging on to the database.
- Click Test Connection.
- After the connectivity test is passed, click Complete.
Note on connectivity testing
- If the data store is a user-created one deployed on Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances that reside on a classic network, we recommend that you use a custom resource group to run sync nodes that use the connection. The default resource group does not guarantee that it can connect to the data store over the network.
- If the data store is deployed in a VPC and you configure the connection in connection string mode, the connectivity test is not supported. You can click Complete without testing the connectivity.