DataWorks provides DM Reader and DM Writer for you to read data from and write data to DM data sources. You can use the codeless user interface (UI) or code editor to configure synchronization nodes for DM data sources.
- Go to the Data Source page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your workspace resides. Find your workspace and click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- On the page that appears, click Connection in the left-side navigation pane. The page appears.
- On the Data Source page, click New data source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add data source dialog box, click DM in the Relational Database section.
- In the Add DM data source dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Data Source Name The name of the data source. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Data source description The description of the data source. The description can be a maximum of 80 characters in length. Environment The environment in which the data source is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is displayed only when the workspace is in standard mode. JDBC URL The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) URL of the database, in the format of
User name The username that you use to connect to the database. Password The password that you use to connect to the database.
- After the connection passes the connectivity test, click Complete.