A MaxCompute connection allows you to read data from and write data to MaxCompute by using MaxCompute Reader and Writer.
Workspaces in the standard mode support the connection isolation feature. You can add connections for the development and production environments separately and isolate the connections to protect your data security.
MaxCompute offers a comprehensive data import scheme to support fast computing for large amounts of data. DataWorks generates the default connection odps_first for a workspace after you bind a MaxCompute computing engine to the workspace for the first time. From then on, DataWorks generates a computing engine connection named in the format of 0_Region ID_Engine name each time you bind a new MaxCompute computing engine to the workspace.
- You can only switch from the AccessKey of one Alibaba Cloud account to that of another Alibaba Cloud account.
- Before changing the AccessKey, make sure that no data integration or data analytics nodes are running in DataWorks. A custom MaxCompute connection can use the AccessKey of a Resource Access Management (RAM) user.
- Go to the Data Source page.
- Log on to the DataWorks console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Workspaces.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the target workspace resides. Find the target workspace and click Data Integration in the Actions column.
- On the page that appears, click Connection in the left-side navigation pane. The page appears.
- On the Data Source page, click Add a Connection in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Connection dialog box that appears, select ODPS.
- In the Add ODPS Connection dialog box that appears, set relevant parameters.
Parameter Description Connection Name The name of the connection. The name can contain letters, digits, and underscores (_) and must start with a letter. Description The description of the connection. The description can be up to 80 characters in length. Environment The environment in which the connection is used. Valid values: Development and Production.Note This parameter is available only when the workspace is in the standard mode. ODPS Endpoint The endpoint of the MaxCompute project. This parameter is read-only, which is automatically obtained from system configurations. Tunnel Endpoint The endpoint of the MaxCompute Tunnel service. For more information, see Configure endpoints. MaxCompute Project Name The name of the MaxCompute project. AccessKey ID The AccessKey ID used as the logon credential. You can view the AccessKey ID on the User Info page. AccessKey Secret The AccessKey secret used as the logon credential.
- Click Test Connection in the Actions column of each resource group.
A sync node only uses one resource group. Therefore, you must test the connectivity of all the resource groups for Data Integration that your sync nodes use to connect to the data store so that sync nodes can run properly. For more information, see Test data store connectivity.
- After the connection passes the connectivity test, click Complete.