Baseline check verification fails in Security Center Enterprise.
Baseline check verification may fail due to one of the following causes:
- The Security Center agent is outdated.
- The Security Center agent is disconnected from Alibaba Cloud.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
Identify the cause based on your on-site situation and handle the issue:
- The Security Center agent is outdated. In this case, Security Center may fail to scan for vulnerabilities. If the agent is not automatically updated, we recommend that you manually install the latest version of the agent. For more information, see Install the Security Center agent.
- The Security Center agent is disconnected from Alibaba Cloud. In this case, vulnerability fixing commands cannot be generated based on the vulnerability settings. We recommend that you connect the agent on your server to Alibaba Cloud. For more information, see Troubleshoot why the Security Center agent is offline.
- Security Center
Note: suitable for Security Center Enterprise.