This topic describes how to purchase a Web Application Firewall (WAF) instance.
WAF supports the subscription billing method. When you purchase a subscription WAF instance, you must select an edition based on your business requirements. Different editions have different protection features and specifications. For more information, see WAF deployment plans and editions
- Go to the Web Application Firewall buy page by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- On the Web Application Firewall buy page, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Region Select the region for the WAF instance. Valid values:
- Chinese Mainland: regions in the Chinese mainland.
- Outside Chinese Mainland: regions outside the Chinese mainland. The regions include China (Hong Kong), Singapore (Singapore), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), US (Silicon Valley), Australia (Sydney), Germany (Frankfurt), India (Mumbai), Indonesia (Jakarta), UAE (Dubai), and Japan (Tokyo).
Deployment Select the deployment plan for the WAF instance.
- On-cloud WAF. If you select this plan, the WAF instance uses a shared cluster to deliver protection capabilities. This is the default value.
- Hybrid Cloud WAF: If you select this plan, the WAF instance uses an on-premises protection cluster to deliver protection capabilities.
Edition Select the edition of the WAF instance. Valid values:
- On-cloud WAF: Pro, Business, Enterprise, and Exclusive.
- Hybrid Cloud WAF: Exclusive
After you select an edition, the Specifications section displays the details of the selected edition. For more information, see WAF deployment plans and editions.
Protection Node Scaling Specify the number of protection nodes.
If your web services are deployed across data centers, public clouds, and private clouds, you must configure on-premises protection nodes. For more information, see Overview of Hybrid Cloud WAF.
Bot Manager Specify whether to enable the bot management feature. Mobile App Protection Specify whether to enable the app protection feature.
If your business supports native apps and you have security needs, such as the need for trusted communications and the prevention of bot script abuse, we recommend that you enable this feature. For more information, see Configure application protection.
Extra Domain Package Specify the number of extra domain packages that you want to purchase.
If you want to add multiple domain names or more than 10 subdomains to WAF, we recommend that you purchase extra domain packages. For more information, see Extra domain package.
Extra Bandwidth Package Specify the extra bandwidth that you want to purchase. Unit: Mbit/s.
If the total service bandwidth of the websites that you want to add to WAF exceeds the default service bandwidth provided by the selected edition, we recommend that you purchase extra bandwidth. For more information, see Extra bandwidth.
Extra VIP Package Specify the number of exclusive IP addresses that you want to purchase.
If you want to protect an important domain name, you can purchase an exclusive IP address for your WAF instance, and then assign the IP address to the domain name. For more information, see Exclusive IP addresses.
Intelligent Load Balancing Specify whether to enable intelligent load balancing.
If you want to ensure high availability and minimize latency for automatic disaster recovery, you can enable intelligent load balancing. For more information, see Intelligent load balancing.
Log Service Specify whether to enable Log Service for WAF.
You can enable Log Service for WAF to store, view, and analyze WAF logs in real time. For more information, see Log Service for WAF.Note The Pro edition does not support this option.
Log Storage Capacity Specify the maximum storage capacity for WAF logs. You can configure this parameter after you set Log Service to Yes. Unit: TB.Note The Pro edition does not support this option. Data Visualization Specify the type of data visualization. Valid values: Disabled, Single Screen, and Multi-screen.
You can enable the data visualization feature to display and analyze the workloads and security status of your website. For more information, see Data visualization.
Purchase time Select a validity period for the WAF instance.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment. Notice WAF does not provide a 5-day money-back guarantee or support partial refunds.