WordPress is a popular Content Management System (CMS). This topic describes how to use Web App Service to create a WordPress website.
Create a WordPress environment in the Web App Service console
In the Web App Service console, you can create a WordPress environment.
- Log on to the Web App Service console and select the required region in the upper-left corner of the page.
- On the Overview page, click Get Started with WordPress in the upper-right corner of the Last Updated Environments section.
- On the Get Started with WordPress page, set the required parameters.
Parameter Description Application Name The name of the application. Application Description The description of the application. Use Shared OSS Storage
- Specifies whether to enable shared OSS storage. If you turn on the switch, Web App Service provides shared OSS storage. After you create the application, all data required by relevant environments to run the application is stored in shared OSS storage. The data includes uploaded packages, collected logs, and diagnostic information.
- If you turn off the switch, all data will be stored in your OSS buckets.
Custom Environment Information
- Specifies whether you can customize environment information. If you turn off the switch, Web App Service creates a WordPress environment based on a low-cost preset configuration. The name of the environment is the same as the name of the application.
- After you turn on the switch, you can enter a custom Environment Name and Environment Description.
- Click Start WordPress.
- In the Actions dialog box, view the list of change events and click OK.
A page appears, indicating that the application and the environment are created. Click View environment Logs to go to the Change Events dialog box. After the update is complete, close the dialog box and go to the Overview page.
Visit the homepage of the application to install and configure WordPress
- On the Overview page, click Public Address to visit the homepage of the application.
- Go to the Configurations tab. After you select the required language on the tab, the
Welcome dialog box as shown in the following figure appears.
- Complete the subsequent configurations for WordPress based on your business requirements.