You can create a Time Series Database (TSDB) instance in the TSDB console. This topic describes how to create a TSDB instance.
A virtual private cloud (VPC) is created. You can create a TSDB instance only in a VPC. After a TSDB instance is created, you can connect to the TSDB instance over a VPC or the Internet. If no VPC is available, log on to the VPC console to activate VPC, and then create a VPC and a vSwitch in the region and zone where you want to create a TSDB instance.
- Log on to the TSDB console.
- In the upper-right corner on the Instances page, click Create.
- On the buy page, follow the on-screen instructions to configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Product Type
Note You can change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription, but you cannot change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- Time Series Database for TSDB (Subscription): This billing method is suitable for long-term use. The subscription billing method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. You can receive larger discounts for longer subscription periods.
- Time Series Database for TSDB (Pay-as-you-go): You are charged for the instance per hour based on your actual usage. We recommend that you select this billing method for short-term use. You can release your pay-as-you-go instance to reduce costs if you no longer need to use the instance.
Version Select Cluster Edition.Note This parameter is available when Product Type is set to Time Series Database for TSDB (Subscription) or Time Series Database for TSDB (Pay-as-you-go). Storage Type
Note This parameter is available when Product Type is set to InfluxDB®.
- PL1 ESSD
- SSD Cloud Disk
- High-Performance Cloud Disk
Region The region where you want to create the TSDB instance. After a TSDB instance is created, you cannot change the region of the instance. We recommend that you select a region that is near the geographic location where your users reside. This speeds up data access. Make sure that the TSDB instance resides in the same region as the ECS instance to which you want to connect. If the TSDB instance and the ECS instance reside in different regions, the instances cannot communicate with each other over an internal network. If the TSDB instance and the ECS instance reside in different regions, the instances must communicate with each other over the Internet. This degrades the instance performance. Zone The zone where you want to create the TSDB instance. Each region contains multiple isolated physical locations that are known as zones. Network Type Only VPC Network is available. Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Select a VPC as needed. VSwitch Select a vSwitch that corresponds to the VPC that you selected. Instance Specifications Select an instance type as needed. Storage Space Configure the storage for the TSDB instance as needed. Instance Name The custom name of the TSDB instance.Note The name must be 1 to 128 characters in length and start with a letter. Quantity Configure the number of instances that you want to purchase as needed. Subscription Period Select a subscription period as needed. You can enable the auto-renewal feature.Note We recommend that you enable the auto-renewal feature for a subscription instance. This way, you do not need to manually renew the instance on a regular basis. This helps prevent business interruptions due to overdue payments.
- Click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, read and agree to the service agreement by selecting the check box and click Pay to complete the payment.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the TSDB console, click Instances to view the created instance.