Smart Access Gateway (SAG) allows you to connect a private network to Alibaba Cloud through a leased line, Internet connection, or both. If you choose to use a leased line, you must associate the SAG instance with a virtual border router (VBR). If you choose to use an Internet connection, you must associate the SAG instance with a Cloud Connect Network (CCN) instance.
- Before you connect your private network to Alibaba Cloud over the Internet, make sure that a CCN instance is created. For more information, see Create a CCN instance.
- If you choose to use a leased line, make sure that the leased line is deployed in your private network and a VBR is created. For more information, see What is Express Connect?.
- Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console.
- In the top menu bar, select the region.
- On the Smart Access Gateway page, use one of the following methods to open the Network Configuration tab.
- Click the ID of the SAG instance. On the instance details page, click the Network Configuration tab.
- Find the SAG instance and click Network Configuration in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Network Instance Details.
- In the Associated Instances Under Current Account section, click Attach Network.
- In the Attach Network dialog box, set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Network Type Select the type of the network instance that you want to attach.
- Cloud Connect Network: Connect the private network to Alibaba Cloud over the Internet.
- Virtual Border Router: Connect the private network to Alibaba Cloud through a leased line.
Region If you choose to attach a VBR, you must select the region where the VBR is deployed. Network Instance Select the network instance.
- Click OK.