This topic describes the regions where Simple Application Server is available and network connectivity of Simple Application Server. You can select a region to deploy your simple application server based on your business requirements to ensure steady network connection.
Regions are geographical locations where data centers reside. After you create a resource, you cannot change the region where the resource resides. Simple Application Server is available in the following regions:
China (Hong Kong), Singapore (Singapore), Indonesia (Jakarta), India (Mumbai), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), US (Virginia), US (Silicon Valley), Japan (Tokyo), Germany (Frankfurt), Australia (Sydney), and UK (London).
To ensure fast and stable access to your websites, we recommend that you select data centers that are closest to the regions where your business and users are locatedNote Bandwidths provided in regions outside the Chinese mainland are applicable to users in those regions. If you are located in the Chinese mainland, we recommend that you do not select regions outside the Chinese mainland because you may experience high latency if you select those regions.
- For users in Hong Kong (China) and Southeast Asia, you can select the China (Hong Kong), Singapore (Singapore), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), and Indonesia (Jakarta) regions.
- For users in India, you can select the India (Mumbai) region.
- For users in Americas, you can select the US (Virginia) and US (Silicon Valley) regions.
- For users in Japan and Korea, you can select the Japan (Tokyo) region.
- For users in Europe, you can select the Germany (Frankfurt) and UK (London) regions.
- For users in Australia, you can select the Australia (Sydney) region.
Simple application servers that belong to the same account and region are automatically assigned to the same virtual private cloud (VPC). These servers can communicate with each other over the VPC, but cannot communicate with the resources of other Alibaba Cloud services deployed in VPCs. Simple application servers in different regions cannot communicate with each other over VPCs. If you want to allow simple application servers to communicate with other Alibaba Cloud services such as Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and ApsaraDB that reside in VPCs, you can configure the service interconnection feature for the simple application servers. For more information, see Manage service interconnection.Note By default, simple application servers and Object Storage Service (OSS) instances that reside in the same region can communicate with each other over VPCs. You do not need to configure service interconnection in this case. For more information, see Implement service interconnection over the internal endpoint of an OSS resource.