This topic describes the limits that apply to Server Migration Center (SMC).
- The following table lists the limits on the number of migration sources and tasks.
Item Quota Adjustable Number of migration sources that can be registered 1,000 Submit a ticket. Number of migration tasks that can be created 1,000 Submit a ticket. Number of migration tasks that can be concurrently executed 50 Submit a ticket.
- Each source server can be associated with only one migration task. A migration task is unfinished if it is in the Ready, Running, Stopped, InError, or Expired state.
- When a server is migrated to an image, a virtual private cloud (VPC) is created by
default. Each Alibaba Cloud account can have a maximum of 10 VPCs in a region, including
your VPCs and the VPCs created for the intermediate instances. To raise the VPC quota,
submit a ticket.
Note If you need to migrate multiple servers at a time, we recommend that you select an existing VPC. Otherwise, the migration task may fail to be created due to insufficient VPC quota.
- You must use Grand Unified Bootloader (GRUB) V2.02 or later for migration sources
that run the Linux operating system. For more information, see Install GRUB on a Linux server.
Note You must use GRUB V2.02 or later for earlier versions of operating systems such as CentOS 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Debian 7, Amazon Linux, and Oracle Linux.
- The SMC client is supported by the following operating systems.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- CentOS 5, CentOS 6, CentOS 7, and CentOS 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Ubuntu 10, Ubuntu 12, Ubuntu 14, Ubuntu 16, Ubuntu 17, Ubuntu 18, Ubuntu 19, and Ubuntu 20
- Debian 7, Debian 8, and Debian 9
- openSUSE 13, openSUSE 42, and openSUSE 15
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 11, SUSE Linux Enterprise 12, and SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
- Gentoo 13.0
- Alibaba Cloud Linux
- Oracle Linux 5, Oracle Linux 6, Oracle Linux 7, and Oracle Linux 8
- Amazon Linux 2014 and later