This topic provides answers to some frequently asked questions about inviting an Alibaba Cloud account.
In which scenarios does an account invitation become invalid?
An account invitation becomes invalid in the following scenarios:
- The invitee does not confirm the invitation within 14 days after the invitation is initiated.
- The inviter cancels the invitation.
Is the period of time in which an invitee must confirm an invitation limited?
Yes, the period of time in which an invitee must confirm an invitation is limited. An invitee must confirm an invitation within 14 days after the invitation is initiated. After the period elapses, the system changes the status of the invitation to Expired.
Can I delete invalid invitations?
The system automatically deletes invalid invitations 30 days after the invitations expire.
Why is an invitee unable to accept an invitation?
An invitee can accept an invitation and join a resource directory only if the invitee meets all the following conditions:
- The invitee is not the management account or a member of a resource directory. An Alibaba Cloud account can join only one resource directory.
- The invitee has passed enterprise real-name verification. An Alibaba Cloud account
that has not passed real-name verification or passes individual real-name verification
cannot join a resource directory.
An Alibaba Cloud account that has not passed real-name verification or passes individual real-name verification may be arbitrarily used to perform operations that are not protected by laws and have high risks. If such an account joins a resource directory, your assets on the cloud may be used for individual purposes. This may cause asset loss and security risks. Therefore, only enterprise accounts can be used to initiate invitations and accept invitations. This helps manage and control behavioral responsibilities and prevent security risks within an legal entity.
If an invitee is unable to accept an invitation, use one of the following solutions:
- If the invitee has not passed real-time verification, complete enterprise real-name verification for the invitee. For more information, see Add billing address.
- If the invitee has passed individual real-name verification, upgrade the verification to enterprise real-name verification.