This topic describes how to manage custom policy versions, such as how to view a policy version, set a policy version to the current policy version, and delete a policy version.
Resource Access Management (RAM) allows you to manage the versions of custom policies.
- A custom policy has a maximum of five versions.
- If you modify a custom policy that has five versions, a version is created, and the earliest version that is not in use is deleted. You can also delete the versions that you no longer need.
- If a policy has more than one version, only the current version is active.
- The current version can be viewed but cannot be deleted.
- Log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the Policy Name column on the Policies page, click the name of the policy that you want to manage.
- On the page that appears, click the Versions tab. On this tab, you can view, specify, and delete policy versions.
- To view a policy name, version, and its document, click View in the Actions column.
- To set a policy version to the current policy version, click Use This Version in the Actions column.
- To delete a policy version, click Delete in the Actions column. In the message that appears, click OK.